Monday, September 5, 2011

A Heart Unwritten


It can be difficult to find the energy to be creative when you cannot find that balance between pain and suffering, despair and agony.

But it is like they say: Write what you know.

So, here is a bit of flash fiction just for you:

I looked into the mirror this morning and couldn't help but stare.
"What?" the reflection asked.
"I'm sorry. I thought you looked like someone I once knew," I said.
"You always say that," the reflection said.
"Yeah. Sorry."
"You always say that too."
I started the hot water and let the steam build a wall between me and the man I used to be.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

That is a very well done bit of flash in a small space. I'm impressed - one of the things I have trouble with is distilling a feeling into as few words as possible, but you've done it. Well done - and for the future - welcome to The Finishing :)